Skelton Newby Hall Church of England School was founded by Lady Mary Vyner in 1856. The school is proud of its history and has had a close relationship with the Newby Hall Estate since it opened.
Children wear a royal blue sweatshirt bearing Lady Vyner’s coat of arms as part of the school uniform.
The school is a traditional village school located in a Victorian building in rural North Yorkshire. It benefits from a large playing field, climbing frames, a pond and woods; all of which are used to enhance the learning experiences of the children. We aim to make the most of our wonderful rural environment enabling our children to develop a love of the outdoors and a respect for whole of the natural world.