* CORONAVIRUS UPDATE*
NEW RESOURCE ADDED 26/03/20: Gain access to Real PE by using the following login information:
More resources will be added soon. Keep an eye out! Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Miss Copperthwaite :)
Please find in the attachments some useful resources and websites to support home-learning during this time.
- The first document contains links to access a variety of resources and learning games. Very kindly, many resource sites that usually require a subscription are making their resources available free of charge to everyone during this period. More will be added to this document over the next couple of weeks as more companies offer their resources for free, so do keep checking for changes! (Where passwords are required, you will find these with the links in the attachment).
- Below this, there is a 'Learning Project' for each week for Year 3/4 and Year 5/6, for up to 7 weeks to help provide some structure. I hope you find this helpful.
- Next, you will find a document containing some 'PE' challenges'. Another great resource on offer for PE is being offered by fitness champion Joe Wickes, who is running a free workout for children every day from Monday 23rd March at 9am on his YouTube channel.
- Finally, there are some documents containing statutory spelling lists, and a page of ideas for how to practice spellings, for children to be practicing. Statutory spellings are those which often do not fit with rules that the children learn throughout the year but they are required to learn by the end of their phase.
- BBC iPlayer are going to have an educational programme everyday for each year group as well as a children’s podcast. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
We hope that you and your family stay well . Good luck with the home learning and we are looking forward to seeing you all back at school, whenever that may happen!
In Diamond class, we are given homework each week. Our homework is given out on a Thursday and it is due in the following Wednesday. We have homework check on a Thursday and, if we have forgotten our homework, we complete it in our own time.
Usually, we have a balance of Maths tasks and English tasks.
Spellings are sent home in the homework books. Please practise these with your child and sign in their homework diary.
We also have a weekly times table to practise.
- Useful Resources and Links
- Year 3/4 Week 1
- Year 3/4 Week 2
- Year 3/4 Week 3
- Year 3/4 Week 4
- Year 3/4 Week 5
- Year 3/4 Week 6
- Year 3/4 Week 7
- Year 5/6 Week 1
- Year 5/6 Week 2
- Year 5/6 Week 3
- Year 5/6 Week 4
- Year 5/6 Week 5
- Year 5/6 Week 6
- Year 5/6 Week 7
- PE Challenge
- KS2 Spelling Menu for Spelling Practice
- Year 1 and 2 Statutory Spelling List
- Year 3 and 4 Statutory Spelling List
- Year 5 and 6 Statutory Spelling List